Your new company
This organisation is a local support service that has been providing services for over 40 years in Regional Queensland. They specialise in providing personalised services to the youth who require in home or community support. Due to an increase in clients an opportunity now exists for a passionate youth support worker in Mackay.
Your new role
This is an interactive and rewarding opportunity for you to assist clients with their day-to-day living while encouraging them to maintain their independence. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Planning and attending activities or appointments with young people;
- Supporting and managing young people's behaviours;
- Working with young people to maintain hygiene and cleanliness of the house;
- Completing daily case notes, admin tasks and incident reports;
- Meeting client needs in the least restrictive way possible;
- Mentoring clients and assisting them to develop independent living skills;
- Must be flexible with availability such as weekdays, weekends and sleepovers.
This organization is looking for applicants with experience in the disability support sector who are dedicated, reliable and have great communication skills. To be successful in the role, you will meet the following criteria:
What you'll get in return
- Certificate IV Child Youth and Family Intervention or equivalent qualifications. If you do not possess this qualification you must be enrolled in the course and provide proof of enrolment
- At least one (1) year of experience as a youth support worker
- To have current vaccination records including the annual influenza and COVID 19 vaccine as required by the QLD government
- Current Open Drivers Licence
- Current (P) Blue Card
- Flexible working hours
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a committed, community focused organization. This is for casual position with varying rosters.
What you need to do now
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more information, please send an up to date resume to Lauren Colwell via email@example.com or call the Mackay Office on 07 4960 1126.LHS 297508