Your new company
This is a rare opportunity to join an established Defence organisation as their Workshop Manager for a leading programme. You will be joining a dynamic team of likeminded individuals who are passionate about innovation and project delivery. Offering an exciting working culture, alongside very-real career progression opportunities to lead from the front, this is an incredible opportunity for someone to leave their mark.
Your New Role:
The Workshop Manager shall be responsible for Workshop facility operation, and managing the transmission Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) technician team ensuring they have the required resources to meet the production schedule.
- Manage the Workshop facility ensuring equipment is operational to conduct maintenance activities
- Primary point of contact for any Workshop related matters, including supervision on-site of external parties
- Ensuring compliance with Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) obligations.
- Managing Technicians’ daily work schedule
- Coordinating with Engineering, Material Planning and Quality Control departments
- Assign work to appropriately qualified and authorised Technicians taking human factors into consideration.
- Ensure aviation safety standards are met and compliance with quality requirements (Part-145).
- Manage the Work Order, tool control and handover processes.
- Support continuous improvement programmes.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience managing technical teams within an aviation maintenance, or technical-related environment.
- Experience with component maintenance in a Part-145 environment (general fixed-wing aircraft, engine maintenance or highly technical discipline also considered).
- Understanding maintenance data
- Strong people management skills, and safety and procedures.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning and MS Office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Human Factors and their application
This is an incredible career opportunity to work on a significant project and elevate your career. You will be rewarded with career development and growth, and a competitive remuneration package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to ali.kavanagh
@hays.com.au, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508