Your new company
Hays Recruitment are pleased to support the urgent recruitment of a highly motivated Workplace Health and Safety Advisor Officer to work within the Queensland Government, on a six-month temporary contract with the possibility of extension; based in Cairns.
Your new role
Reporting to the Principal WHS Advisor, Far North Queensland, you will be responsible for providing service and advice on the diverse range of WHS activities and environmental technical matters relating to the building, construction and maintenance industry.
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee the WHS management and environmental systems for the region to ensure compliance is being achieved and risks are identified and managed
- Provide WHS and environmental advice to senior management and regional staff sourced from existing legislation, industry standards and internal policy/procedures
- Support and assist the region in implementing any actions needed to ensure effective and compliant environmental, safety and health processes
- Assist with investigating dangerous incidents, hazards and workplace accidents, conducting WHS and environmental management system audits, inspecting construction sites, maintenance activities and offices and depots, and identifying hazards and risks, and formulate and implementing preventative actions
- Develop and educate staff in new technologies both in the field of workplace health, safety and environment through formal training and regular communication.
We are seeking an experienced professional and team focused Workplace Health and Safety Advisor Officer with great attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, high organisational skills, and the ability to communicate.
A construction industry related trade qualification would be highly desirable, and current Workplace Health & Safety General Safety Induction Card.
Travel is an integral activity for this role and will require overnight stays of up to 4 nights (or as negotiated). As the majority of this will be road travel, you will need to possess a current Driver's License. There will also be occasions where you will be required to travel by (light) aircraft.
What you'll get in return
In return you will have an immediately available 6-month full time role within the public sector based in Cairns City, paying an attractive hourly rate - you will work in a well-established, friendly and supportive team and your contribution will be valued in the ongoing success of this busy department.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information please contact Grace Dunn at Hays on 07 4049 2969 or email Grace.Dunn@hays.com.auLHS 297508