Your new company
Your new position will be within one of the leading federal government institutes in NSW with a head office in Canberra. The organization is currently embarking on a cyber security uplift program and requires resource to assist with this program of work.
Your new role
As a Wintel security specialist, you will be responsible to uplift Essential Eight maturity and remediate other vulnerabilities. The successful candidate will have experience with implementing one or many Essential Eight mitigation strategies and be an SME within one or many of the technologies required, such as vulnerability scanning or system management technologies.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as in-depth understanding of cyber technologies, policies and principals you will be required to possess the following skills/experience:
What you'll get in return
- Valid NV1 clearance is essential to be considered for the role
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Wintel security specialist role
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud systems such as AWS, Azure, or Office 365
- Demonstrated experience working with a security focus on enterprise software and systems such as Active Directory, Windows or Linux systems
- Experience with implementing one or more of the Essential Eight Mitigation Strategies and other related security controls
- Demonstrated experience with implementing one or more of the Essential Eight mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated experience with scripting or development to automate system administration or vulnerability assessment tasks, or to implement tools to assist with assessing or remediating cyber risk
- Desirable experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager or similar
- Desirable experience with the implementation of application control products
- Desirable experience with disaster recovery testing and vulnerability scanning and vulnerability remediation
You will be rewarded with a 12-month contract and a very attractive daily rate with one of the leading Federal government institutes in NSW with a possibility of extension. This role will offer the possibility of flexible work and may have occasional travel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Diarmuid.firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:Diarmuid.email@example.com] or call me on 0292492252. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508