Your new company
An exciting modern local municipality located in the inner suburbs is seeking an Events and Corporate Facilities Officer to join their diverse team. For this organisation the community is always their priority and they always look to provide exciting events and programs. Offering a diverse workplace and a great work-life balance.
Your new role
- Undertake bookings of the 2 town halls, meeting rooms and catering
- Assist in the setup and pack down of meeting rooms, venues and the preparation of presentation for clients
- Facilitate in booking services and meetings for a variety of venues
- Facilitate the cleansing, care, maintenance and preparation of Halls, function venues and meeting rooms for events and meetings
- Prepare invoices, following up with clients both internal and external for collection of debts
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and presentation of all venues and equipment daily
- As a venue management Team leader, you will enable efficiently the delivery of the venue making sure that the access, payment, and safety are in accordance with the council plan.
- Coordinate Council resources including budget, staff and contractors to provide a
professional events management service to council, the community and commercial hirers.
- Ensure bookings and event information is accurate, up to date, accessible, and
auditable (internally and externally) to help gain efficiencies and increase accessibility.
- Responsible for the venue hire and meeting/event requirements for the network of flexible
spaces within the portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- To be successful you will need to have experience in venue management, you will have a strong attention to detail and the ability to get the best out of people.
- You will be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and assist your team in doing the same.
- You will have a strong customer focus and ability to solve problems seamlessly.
- Your previous experience within the event and venue industry will be highly regarded.
What you need to do now
- Good salary on offer
- Training provided
- Excellent work environment
- Hybrid opportunity
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508