Your new company
Your new company is a leading pioneer in the technology market. With business segments providing advanced defence and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains, this company has an exciting opportunity for a Trade Compliance Specialist to join their team based in Brisbane.
Your new role
In your role as a Trade Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for working with Management, Business Development, Programs, Information management, FSR, Supply Chain, and Engineering personnel to provide guidance related to the imports and exports of non-controlled and export-controlled goods.
Your key responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Supporting Foreign Military Sale export authorisations, including effectively communicating with the local and foreign governments, drafting, preparing and monitor submission of licensing to support technology under FMS
- Collecting requirements, drafting of agreements, preparing agreements and licenses for submission to Australian, New Zealand and other governments to meet the requirements of their export regimes
- Monitor the regulatory environment, understanding impact to business, communicating, and implementing changes
- Support the program management daily operations team and provide Trade guidance
- Drafting, implementing, and regularly reviewing the country level Trade Compliance Manual, procedures, forms, and templates
- The classification of Australia Export Controlled technology
- Monitoring the use of Australia and US Free Trade Agreements and ensure the correct duties and taxes are paid
To be successful in this role you will previous experience as a Trade Compliance Specialist within the Defence Industry. You will also possess:
- Experience and strong knowledge with Australian Defence Export Trade Controls
- Experience supporting US trade requirements including the ITAR and EAR
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels
- A high level of integrity and discretion
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a NV1 security clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary and a permanent opportunity based in the company’s Brisbane head office. You will be working on exciting projects that are current and in the near future and will be key in being a part of the team. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Madison.email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508