Technical Business Analyst – Federal government agency.
6m contract on high profile project.
Your new company
This Federal Government agency are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work on a large high-profile program which is focusing on uplifting and modernising technology and processes across this institution. As a Technical Business Analyst you will Take ownership of business analysis initiatives and ensure work packages are delivered on time, to expected quality standards and as per scope, as agreed with the Project Manager.
Take ownership of business analysis initiatives and ensure work packages are delivered on time, to expected quality standards and as per scope, as agreed with the Project Manager.
Workshop & manage user requirements and define functional specifications as well as ultimately supporting the build & test of the user portal Work with staff and portal (external) users to write prioritised build ready end to end user stories and clear acceptance criteria that developers can consume.
Negotiating solutions with disparate stakeholders often with conflicting goals or priorities.
Collaborating with project team members including developers, change managers, testers and IT to facilitate delivery.
Facilitate agile ceremonies and practices (stand ups, planning, estimation, retrospectives).
Advocate agile ways of working and methodology
This role will also involve the co-ordination of user acceptance testing.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Broad experience as a business analyst and experience generating relevant deliverables, including requirements traceability matrices, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and work flow analysis and user journeys
- Demonstrated experience bridging the gap between tech and business teams
- Demonstrated experience leveraging exceptional communication skills when working with stakeholders to understand problem statements and leading workshops to gather requirements
- Agile project experience
- Strong process re-engineering experience, including process mapping and business requirements documentation
- Working within constraints ability and demonstrated experience in defining a detailed, complete, and implementable solution which may involve a combination of:
- User stories and acceptance criteria documentation
- Understanding and designing data-flows
- Defining test criteria
- Working as part of a team and independently
- Awareness of a broad range of technologies and architectures including Web Services, HTML, XSLT, XML other messaging and telecommunications technologies as well as
- MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence skills/experience.
- Hands on development experience highly desirable
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a contract until February 2023 within a 3 year program of work, so high chance of extension for right candidate. You will be offered around $810/day plus super. This role offers extremely flexible work arrangements with the expectation to attend the office in Miranda for essential meetings.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508