Your new company
The Department of Education Western Australia is one of the largest employers in the state, employing 30,000 teachers across a huge geographical area. The opportunities within the department are vast, offering teachers a wide array of opportunities to find your dream job, make a difference in students lives, and have a real world impact. Hays Education are partnering with The Department of Education Western Australia in offering opportunities for teachers looking to make a difference and have a unique life experience by teaching in Western Australia.
Your new role
We have an array of Contract and Permanent opportunities across Mathematics, Science, DT/TAS, HASS (Humanities and Social Sciences), and English for January or later in 2022 onwards. With over 800 schools across urban, coastal, regional and remote locations this represents a wonderful opportunity to secure a position just right for you.
There are great opportunities on offer no matter your experience level, you may be a graduate looking to start off your career in a full-time role, or an experienced teacher looking to broaden your experiences and make an impact, or you may just be looking to move to Western Australia for the lifestyle and career opportunities that exist there!
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible to teach in Western Australia you will:
What you'll get in return
- Hold relevant teaching qualifications in Mathematics, Science, DT/TAS, HASS (HSIE, Humanities, Social Sciences etc), or English.
- Hold current teacher registration in your current state (or eligible for TRBWA registration)
- Have unrestricted working rights to work in Australia
- Have double vaccination for Covid19 or willingness to be vaccinated by commencement
Teaching in Western Australia offers such a wide range of opportunities and an excellent lifestyle with the state rich with places to go and things to do.
You will never be short of unique and extraordinary holiday experiences. The Department of Education Western Australia offers excellent support including:
What you need to do now
- Relocation assistance
- Incentives for teaching in regional areas such as subsidised housing and salary incentives
- Attractive salary packages and salary packaging
- Promotional opportunities, career development and professional development
- Strong community focus
- Indigenous teaching opportunities
To express interest in teaching in Western Australia, please submit your CV to Lincoln Gould at Hays Education and you will be contacted to explore your interest further.
T 02 8226 9769LHS 297508