Your new company
A leader in Australia's National Security, this company collaborates with Australian industry spanning Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains.
Your new role
As a Combat Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of planned engineering activities that will support maritime upgrades.
In this role you will:
- Develop the traceable requirements set and associated architecture that will form the basis for managing engineering changes
- Execute the complex Systems Engineering activities within the assigned subsystem domains including detailed design
- Support the specialty engineering teams including Cyber Security & Safety, Electro-Magnetic Environment
- Support the integration of new or emerging global combat capabilities into the Hobart Class Destroyer
- Provide support to Platform System Designer for major ship compartments including below deck and topside design and integration activities
- Provide technical leadership/support to the verification and validation activities in collaboration with our industry partners
- Contribute to and maintain the Systems Engineering Framework including mentoring junior engineers
The team is expanding and there are multiple opportunities!
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in securing this position, you will have:
- Experience with complex systems engineering integration to achieve viable solutions in the system-of-systems context
- Strong understanding of Integration, Test and Evaluation of products into platforms or equivalent complex systems having challenging constraints
- Experience in technical risk identification and mitigation practices
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of any Combat System products, military systems and Naval warfare domains will be very highly regarded
- Energy and enthusiasm to be part of the our sovereign capability and engage in personal and team growth opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution and/or relevant experience within the Defence sector
Please note, you must be an Australian Citizen for this role as it requires you to gain security clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive
What you need to do now
- Competitive Remuneration
- Genuine work/life flexibility including a 9-day, compacted fortnight (every other Friday off)
- Membership to Destination Discounts – that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Salary packaging for car leasing
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Alistair McCann on (08) 84039 930 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508