Your new company
Based in the south east suburbs, this engineering consultancy practice has been operating for over 25 years, specializing in structural and civil works design and documentation for building structures, industrial, commercial and residential developments and plant and production projects. Their work type varies from Factory / Warehouse Developments, Mixed Use, Service Stations Townhouses, Apartments, Day Care Centres, Aged Care Facilities
Your new role
As the structural drafter, you will have a unique role to help set up Revit within this consultancy. Due to some contracts now requiring Revit. You will spend around 3 months producing your drawings in AutoCAD and converting them into Revit. Once this task has been complete, depending on your experience you will then go back to using AutoCAD as a drafter or move into a senior drafter if you have the desire.
Daily tasks will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Complying with all relevant building codes, Australian Standards and guidelines that impact drafting and design.
- Ensure all drawings / designs are completed using design best practice and appropriate templates and client standards.
- Ability to provide flare into drawing with excellent attention to detail
- High end drafting projects that you will be in control of from start to finish
- Excellent support from your director(draftee himself)
What you'll get in return
- Drafting experience in a residential / commercial environment
- Great interpersonal skills to liaise with engineers, architects and fellow draftees
- Demonstrated experience in the design and documentation with civil and structural projects
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Revit is essential
What you need to do now
- Inducted into seminars/ expos to grow
- Support and guided to your building practitioners license
- Massive performance bonus
- team lunches and drinks
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call 03 8602 9828.
If this role isn't quite right for you and would like to hear more about other opportunities in Civil | Structural | Building Services then please reach out for a confidential discussion about your career.
Share this role with your network and become eligible for a $200 E-gift card through our Hays 'Refer a Friend" Program.LHS 297508