Your new company
Located in the Western Sydney Suburbs, this Local Government Council is seeking a Stormwater Design Engineer for a 12-month contract.
Your new role
As a Stormwater Design Engineer, you can expect to carry out the following:
- Conduct or supervise flood studies and trunk drainage investigations, and interpret and report on findings
- Prepare engineering stormwater drainage designs reflecting current best practice, and maintain appropriate environmental and engineering standards in accordance with Council’s Engineering Development Guidelines
- Liaise with stakeholders and internal and external consultants throughout the design process
- Supervise external consultants and review their work
- Manage design projects
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leader
- Other duties as directed consistent with the operations of Council.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate experience in the survey, investigation and design of stormwater drainage infrastructure and estimates
- Understanding of water sensitive urban design, particularly with Bioretention systems and detention basins
- Project management experience ideally in a design office
- Demonstrated computer literacy and suitable design experience with water engineering applications such as DRAINS, HEC-RAS, RAFTS, MIKEII, TUFLOW and MUSIC
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- 12-month contract (with possibility of extension)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Supportive managerial structure
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508