Your new company
Hays have partnered with a State Government Agency who are currently undergoing lots of exciting change and growth across their organisation.
Your new role
We are recruiting for a Planner who will be working within the Statutory Planning Services Division whose focus is on Statutory Planning Services, Planning and Heritage, Building, Planning Implementation, Forward Policy and Business Strategy, and Planning Panels. Additionally, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide statutory services to deliver the Minister’s planning responsibilities in relation to assessment of planning scheme amendments, secondary consents and other requirements of planning legislation and instruments.
- Prepare quality reports, papers, presentations, briefs and correspondence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and contributors.
- Pro-actively case manage statutory approvals and projects.
- Contribute to priority planning projects and other planning initiatives or programs.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across the business to deliver business unit, group and DELWP priorities and initiatives as required.
- To practice cultural safety by creating environments, relationships and systems free from racism and discrimination so that people can feel safe, valued and able to participate.
- programs, as required.
What you'll get in return
- 2+ years experience as a Statutory Planner
- A relevant tertiary qualification and significant experience in urban planning or related field is required.
- Demonstrated experience in all statutory planning permit and development processes (including Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Planning and Environment List matters) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and managing complex and/or strategically significant development proposals within a Victorian state or local government context is an advantage.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
In return, you will work in a career defining role in a dynamic and fast-growing organisation wherein you will be an instrumental part of the team responsible for delivery of this project. This organisation offers competitive remuneration, attractive benefits, flexible working environment and a vibrant and collegiate work culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on 0424 143 451 or via email Courtney Sweetman | email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508