Your new company
Hays have partnered with a State Government Agency who currently are undertaking an exciting project spanning all throughout Melbourne.
Your new role
We are recruiting for a Statutory Planner who will be working within the Engineering and Program services team providing advice on a range of planning and environmental issues. Additionally, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide expert advice to project teams and assist in the resolution of significant planning and environmental issues.
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of statutory materials, environmental referrals, permit applications and other approvals as required.
- Engage and manage planning, environment and heritage consultants as required to assist progression of the project
- Respond to and manage statutory referrals from other authorities and councils about permits, consents and secondary approvals.
- Exercise analytical and problem-solving skills to pre-empt and mitigate project risks in relation to all planning matters.
- Undertake or oversee planning and environmental monitoring and compliance.
- Assist in the analysis of commercial and contractual documentation associated with planning and environmental issues and/or claims as part of implementation of the project.
What you'll get in return
- 2+ years experience as a Statutory Planner
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Victorian planning and approvals process and legislation relevant to the development and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Strong experience in managing, and providing sound technical advice on, planning and environmental issues in a major project context, including the management of publicly owned land.
- Experience in preparing planning, heritage and environmental approvals documentation.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
In return, you will work in a career defining role in a dynamic and fast-growing organisation wherein you will be an instrumental part of the team responsible for delivery of this project. This organisation offers competitive remuneration, attractive benefits, flexible working environment and a vibrant and collegiate work culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on 0424 143 451 or via email Courtney Sweetman | email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508