Your new company
This organisation is a leading creator of immersive content and experiences, with an extensive portfolio of some of Australia's longest-running and most loved media brands, boasting magazines, websites, videos, socials, review sites, podcasts and experiences.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to strategically design and lead the technical implementation of key digital products and platforms for the business.
- Developing and implementing a technology platform that enables agile development methodologies and continuous delivery practises.
- Working with the relevant business units to maximise the value they are able to derive from the services provided by the business.
- Undertaking early solution shaping with the business unit.
- Advocating for the business unit within technology, communicating business unit strategies and priorities to help promote alignment between technology and business strategy.
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external providers/vendors.
- Shaping technical solutions for business initiatives during the idea and concept phases and providing input and guidance to business case submissions.
- Consulting with and advising the business unit in relation to evaluating business opportunities and developing commercial technical solutions to business initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- To provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Technical leaders, and software development teams.
- To conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Experience designing and implementing integrated solutions.
- Development experience with publishing and ecommerce systems.
- Experience leading and mentoring development teams.
- Experience designing and building high traffic websites and applications with excellent ‘uptime’ and intelligent scalability.
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, within highly automated continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with Cloud hosting environments (AWS).
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar or senior engineering role, and relevant tertiary qualifications.
If you're the right person for this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For more information or to answer any questions, contact Jake Hudson-Wood at Hays on (02) 9249 2224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508