Your new company
This role is with one of Australia's largest telecommunications companies, and home to many well-known telco brands. With several brands across fixed and mobile and having grown and expanded rapidly in recent years, this organisation is growing fast, and on the lookout for a talented solution architect to bring into the team.
Your new role
You will take a leading technical role on a range of technology and business projects and will be a key contributor towards achieving both business goals and advancing the architecture strategy.
- Defining and maintaining the architectural building blocks across the enterprise supporting initiatives across all brands within the company
- Working closely with the project delivery, testing and engineering teams delivering end-to-end solutions that may encompass multiple systems and applications
- Acting as a central point of interface between the project team and the broader delivery teams, including other domain architects & technology managers
- Designing solutions that ensure stability, performance and high availability of the various digital and BSS platforms
- Achieving a unified, cross-platform front-end experience for a range of end users
- Ensuring re-use and consistency across architectural building blocks
- Creating solution architecture documentation for technology and business initiatives
- Supporting the full software development lifecycle, including support throughout testing phases, operational handover, and production support
What you'll need to succeed
- Assurance of end-to-end solution in collaboration with architects from other domains, utilising expertise across non-IT and digital domains such as finance, ERP, data warehouse, OSS and network elements
- Previous experience in a Solution Architecture role
- Experience with AWS including both IaaS and SaaS offerings
What you need to do now
- Development of complex end-to-end architectural solutions dealing with BSS applications.
- CRM experience (Siebel, Salesforce)
- Experience with API managers (e.g., Mulesoft) and middleware/SOA architecture (e.g., Oracle Service Bus)
- Experience in web protocols and data formats such as HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, XML, JSON
- Experience performing an architecture role within an Agile methodology
- 5+ years solution design/architecture experience 10+ years total technical experience
- Expertise in architecture patterns and frameworks, such as SOA, TM Forum, TOGAF, UML, ArchiMate
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work very collaboratively and flexibly
- Vendor management and negotiation
- Stakeholder management including an ability to interact with all levels of the organisation in a professional, diplomatic and effective manner
If you're the right person for this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For more information or to answer any questions, contact Jake Hudson-Wood at Hays on (02) 9249 2224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508