Your new company
Legal firm within a boutique financial group, providing legal advice in the areas of commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, property, business and corporations law, general contract law and estate planning. An opportunity has arisen for a solicitor to join their corporate team, acting primarily in the area of corporate and commercial law.
Your new role
You will handle a range of matters across corporate and commercial law including:
What you'll need to succeed
- Corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, and equity capital markets.
- Corporate advisory (including Corporations Act, assisting with general meetings and other corporate transactions, such as buy backs, financial assistance, advising on ASX Listing Rules).
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts including share sale and purchase agreements, prospectuses, joint venture agreements, and royalty agreements.
- Drafting other agreements and legal documents.
- Preparing and communicating advices to clients in relation to substantial corporate transactions. including contractual, legal and commercial issues, pre-signing negotiations.
- Liaising with other lawyers and clients, as well as regulators such as ASIC and the ASX.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws, policies and procedures as are applicable to each matter.
What you'll get in return
- Admitted to practice as a Lawyer in NSW.
- At least 2 years post-admission experience, ideally 3-4 years PAE.
- Current Australian Legal Practising Certificate.
- Experience with ASX-listed companies and ASX Listing Rules beneficial.
- LEAP experience beneficial.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- The ability to work to a deadline in a fast-paced environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to join an established legal practice based in the Sydney CBD. The position involves dynamic work specifically in the area of corporate and commercial law, with exposure to other forms of legal work. The role will be based in their new Sydney office, full time from Monday to Friday, with an immediate start available. Culture is energetic, sociable, and fast paced. They have a good work-life balance with the opportunity to work 1 day a week from home. Billable hours 5 per day. The practice is growing and there is room for career progression. Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call Krista Godfrey on 02 8226 9789 or email email@example.com.LHS 297508