Your new company
This leading Civil Contractor is after an experienced Site Supervisor to join their existing team that is having rapid growth in their utilities business.
Your new role
You will be working with a dynamic works delivery team focusing on Safety, Quality, Environment, Community and Stakeholder Relations, Financial tracking, Reporting and Scheduling. You will be a competent and confident leader who can communicate effectively with stakeholders and influence positive project outcomes on long term programs of work. You will be Responsible for
- Supervising and managing a self-perform team and subcontractors
- Ensuring workers implement control measures to minimise risk to health and safety of themselves and others through SWMS, Special Processes and Corrective Actions
- Reports incidents, non-conformances and near misses and participate in incident investigations when required
- Collaborating with project engineers/managers, mechanical/ civil/ electrical disciplines and other project stakeholders
- Planning, calculating and monitoring daily cost of resources
- Working to target budgets
- Leading a culture of safety and productivity
- Conduct Toolbox talks and prestart meetings
- You will be deployed primarily on projects within Hobart metro, and sporadically at country locations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working knowledge of plant capability and appropriate selection for required task
You will have experience in the utilities sector (Water, Power, Gas) delivering projects with combinations of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; specific experience in the water sector with construction of pump stations, reservoirs and pipelines is advantageous. You will have:
What you'll get in return
- Proven commitment to leading safety, quality and environmental compliance on site
- Strong people management skills, the ability to develop effective teams
- Experience as a field Supervisor working on M&E and/or civil projects
- Good on-site problem - solving expertise.
- A sound understanding of industrial construction methodologies and standards
- Strong management capabilities with the ability to lead from the front (both subcontractors and self-perform staff)
- Ability to provide constructibility input throughout the design development process
- Ideally you will have an appropriate trade certificate (or equivalent).
- Affinity for continuous improvement and innovation, applying learnings to ‘real world’ project delivery environments.
- Alignment with our values of Respect, Energy & Effort, Attitude & Leadership
To help build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. To work with a company that believes in a Good Work culture. Empowering others to generate new and diverse ideas, having ownership, whilst also remembering the importance of work life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Maddie Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 6108 5562. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508