Your new company
The Infrastructure and Operations division oversees and maintains over $5.4 billion worth of community assets including roads, bridges, drainage, water & wastewater networks, waste management, community facilities, sporting venues and more.
Your new role
Working within the Infrastructure and Operations team as the Senior Traffic Engineer you will will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparing concepts, project justification reports, preliminary cost estimates and work programs for inclusion in the 10 year capital works plan.
- Provide engineering advice to both internal and external stakeholders pertaining to traffic infrastructure.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of any standards, specifications, policies, and procedures related to traffic infrastructure and/or its management.
- Provide timely advice, correspondence and reports associated with roads and traffic matters and projects.
- Undertake analysis and detailed design for traffic road network upgrades
To be successful you will possess the following tertiary requirements, demonstrated work experience and technical skills;
What you'll get in return
- Degree in Engineering (Civil) and Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (or obtained within 12 months of appointment); coupled with extensive relevant and demonstrated experience within local government or engineering consultancies.
- Well-developed arbitration, negotiation and interpersonal skills, to enable the effective communication of acceptable and suitable outcomes with stakeholders along with good oral and written communication skills.
You will be awarded the stability of a permanent, full-time position, attracting a salary up to $115,000 (depending on experience level) + superannuation. You will have access to flexible working arrangements and a 9-day fortnight (x2 RDO each month). Relocation assistance is available to non-local applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508