We are currently partnering with one of Australia’s leading IT services companies who are are looking for someone who knows SQL ‘inside and out’ with an ability to setup, configure, deploy and provide guidance/support management of the databases, writing applications that interface with SQL databases, database performance analysis and tuning and optimising SQL query and processing performance .
The Senior SQL Developer will be working on both MS SQL and Progress databases. If the candidate is not yet an expert in Progress, they should be keen to learn this as a new technology.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Understand/interpret business data requirements, analyse/map to existing data sets and design data transformations for ETL and reporting
- Strong technical skills in SQL
- Microsoft SQL 2019 to Sql 2008
- SSRS – reporting service
- SSIS – Integration services
- Stored procedure development
- OLAP / Cubes)
- Monitoring and improving SQL Query performance optimisation, indexing and performance monitoring
- Developing SQL scripts, programs, databases
- Microsoft Reporting tools e.g, Tableau, Power BI
- Working with Jira, Confluence in agile project delivery
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\NewSQL databases
- Understanding of the data specifications for CDR and Australian Banking dataset would be very beneficial.
- Additionally, must be keen and able to become an SME in Progress database as well