Your new company
This role sits within a government organisation with a head office in Mac Park. You will work with one of the leading agencies in government with an excellent reputation in a highly productive team. The organisation is focused on providing sustainable, efficient and cost-effective services.
Your new role
As a Senior Security Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day, operational effectiveness of the IT security measures. The Senior Security Specialists is responsible for implementing and maintaining the operational security and risk processes across the Infrastructure and Service Delivery function. The role is also responsible for coordinating security compliance arrangements to ensure security assurance over all aspects of the IT infrastructure, including the identification and reporting on IT infrastructure and service delivery security risks.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as in in depth understanding of Cyber security you will be required to possess the following skills/experience:
What you'll get in return
- Demonstrated experience maintaining IT security in a federated or multi-sourced environment.
- A proven track record working in a highly skilled multidisciplinary team delivering complex work within challenging timeframes and periods of major change
- A working knowledge of IT service principles and frameworks including ITIL
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with a strong ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organisation
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of information security management standard (AS/NZS 27001 and AS/NZS 27002), risk management standard (AS/NZ 31000), COBIT and ITIL methodologies to identify key business risks and to develop appropriate controls which effectively manage and mitigate such risks
You will be rewarded with a 9-month contract in one of the leading government agencies with a very competitive remuneration package and a high possibility of extension. This role will offer flexible options with WFH and may occasionally require the candidate to work outside regular working hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508