Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a government organisation to recruit a Senior Project Manager in a temporary capacity. Your new company manages a wide variety of public land from National Parks to coastal beaches to town foreshores.
Your new role
This role is responsible for the complete management of major capital projects including project plans, scope definition, timelines, quality definition, assurance, risk management, stakeholder management, engagement, communication management and financial control as well as grant management and reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage the effective delivery of major capital works projects from planning through to construction.
- Provide effective and efficient contract administration and supervision of design consultancy and construction contracts as Superintendent’s Representative.
- Ensure all projects are delivered to agreed timeframes and budgets and to the specifications as set out in contracts and project briefs.
- Undertake risk assessments and develop quality and probity plans for projects.
- Ensure Occupational Health & Safety requirements are met in relation to staff and works areas under the positions control.
- Understand and comply with organisational policies, procedures and legislative requirements relevant to the position, including cultural heritage and Statutory Planning
- Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time to time.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification or Diploma in a relevant discipline such as Architecture, Civil Engineering, Environmental Management, or other related fields
- Substantial experience in project management including managing complex projects (related to civil or building works in sensitive environments) from design to delivery, whilst ensuring sound financial management.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentorship to develop the skills of a graduate project manager
- Excellent project reporting, scope, budget, time and risk management and planning skills for multiple project work streams
- Demonstrated skills and experience in communication and engagement with internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of project delivery and organisational requirements
- Provide evidence of Construction induction training (White card)
- Demonstrated use of judgement to enable quality decision making within a project management context.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with a range of stakeholders, both external and internal, to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member/leader of a team, often working to strict deadlines on infrastructure projects of a social and cultural nature.
- Innate ability to mentor and foster an environment of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
This role offers you an attractive hourly rate of $70 plus super, full time hours and an initial 3-month assignment with the possibility of an extension. Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact Rebecca Hillbrick via 03 5226 8000 or please send an email to Rebecca.Hillbrick@hays.com.au.LHS 297508