This company is a world leader in the design, manufacture and operation of diving and underwater systems. It provides defence customers with complete submarine escape, rescue and abandonment solutions.
About the role
We’re seeking a process driven, detailed oriented Senior Procurement Officer to join a high performing team. Leading a small team and reporting into the Business Operations Manager, this role is responsible for the delivery of a centralised procurement function for the company. The successful candidate will be an experienced procurement professional who is looking for their next step in their career.
Primary duties include:
- Supporting the business line to determine requirements and design procurement plans
- Be the focal point for ensuring all global processes are followed and adapted to suit the Australian business.
- Generate work orders / sales orders and ERP parts for the business lines.
- Provide Business Operations Manager with monthly report on open orders, stock and freight.
- Develop and implement process with Business line to ensure that stock is considered before purchasing additional materials.
- Support and eventually lead the negotiations for more suitable agreements and frameworks with critical suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers, including price and delivery on items being purchased to receive the best value for the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Membership of CIPS or equivalent (or working towards same) desirable
- Hands on experience of working with ERP systems, including materials planning preferred
- 5+ years previous experience in a supply chain role.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Extensive knowledge of vendor sourcing and supply chain processes and procedures.
- Join a team of people who are passionate about their job.
- Contribute to a growing and successful business with a fascinating order book.
- Healthy work life balance with options for flexible work arrangements, including compressed working week (half day on Friday) and varied start and finish times.
- Competitive remuneration
- Wellbeing programs – employee assistance program to support you and your family with counselling and support.
- Weekly fruit baskets to keep hunger at bay on busy days.
- Free on-site parking.
- Generous COVID leave entitlements.