Your new company
NSW Government Agency is looking for a Senior Procurement Officer with capital works Construction and property experience to join their team in Sydney.
Your new role
The Senior Procurement officer will partner with Stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage Procurement arrangements to deliver value for money, effectively meet business outcomes and is in line with the best practice procurement within government and private sector. Duties will include but not be limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertake business needs assessment, supply market analysis and commercial risk assessments to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions
- Develop, co-ordinate and lead sourcing activities to establish supply arrangements that meet business needs
- Develop and administer contract management plans, negotiate changes and modifications, supplier performance management and compliance requirements through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes
- Plan and lead contract negotiations in the establishment and review of supply arrangements to deliver value for money procurement outcomes
- Partner with staff from across the organisation providing high level advice and guidance to build expertise in procurement, provide governance and improve procurement practice and outcomes
- Identify, manage and mitigate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunity
- Prepare procurement and contract activity reports and performance analysis data to inform decision making and meet organisational compliance requirements.
- Document procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements fully to provide an audit trail for probity and audit purposes •
- Continuously building professional knowledge in procurement, the business and markets to enhance expert advice and support to procurement decision-makers
What you'll get in return
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in procurement planning, governance and reporting in a NSW government context including an understanding of relevant policies, processes, and systems
- Proven knowledge base in procurement, in particular, to achieve commerciality while achieving business needs
You will have the opportunity to help embed a highly collaborative, commercial and agile culture. Currently a small team, you will be part of the growth strategy and as such the position offers a meaningful opportunity to progress your career, expand your development and leadership capability in a growing, dynamic, can-do environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Clodagh.firstname.lastname@example.org , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508