Your new company
This is a well recognised Global Tech solutions organisation.
Your new role
This individual will be responsible for working with suppliers and internal business stakeholders to implement new and existing contracts for services, equipment purchasing and to structure and operate contract governance models that you will develop to maintain optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance. Reporting to the Acquisition and Procurement Manager, you will work closely with Network Engineering, Intercarrier Management, Supply Chain, Legal, and the Program Delivery team to implement strategic acquisitions, contract variations, SLA reporting and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long term partner relationships and managing total cost of ownership. Activities will include, but not be limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Buying and procurement lifecycle management including MRP analysis, PO placement and supply reporting for assigned commodities or programs.
- support commercial negotiations
- Communicate and assess daily issues, including engineering changes, to ensure no shortages to contract needs.
- Accountable for RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's for assigned commodities/programs.
- Negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers that consider; cost, quality, schedule etc
- Establish and foster effective strategic supplier relationships.
- Develop, manage, and implement sourcing strategies for commodities and/or programs.
- Analyse commodity spends and evaluate existing supply base.
- Provide leadership, understanding and insight into the supply base and market for the commodities assigned, including lead times, industry trends, cost drivers, and top suppliers.
- Managing supplier payment claims to ensure value for money
- Managing and implementing contract variations
- Partnering with business stakeholders, participating in team meetings and updating senior management as required
What you'll get in return
- Understanding of supply chain planning and procurement.
- Experience with commodity management.
- Analytical skills specific to Procurement (Supplier Performance, Cost BOMs, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal, written
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience presenting to senior management and program teams
- Must be a team player, analytical and results focused
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
You will get the opportunity to join a fast paced global organisation. You will have great growth opportunities with a lot of training provided
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508