Your new role
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, forming part of a small legal team responsible for providing a broad range of legal services on diverse issues.
- Develop, maintain and manage professional relationships with executive, managers and staff in order to act as a reference point within the business for legal advice.
- Working with the Deputy General Counsel:
- provide a broad range of pro-active, high quality and timely legal services
- provide formal and informal legal training to staff at all levels, preparing training content that is practical and relevant
- prepare and review complex legal documents and correspondence
- provide advice to business units to address and resolve complex issues, including representing in litigation, commercial negotiations and other discussions
- develop and modify organisation wide policies and procedures as require based on legislative changes or legal precedents
- manage specialise projects that require preparation of advice in a variety of areas of law
- brief external legal service providers as required
- work closely and collaboratively with other members of the team.
- other duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have the following;
What you need to do now
- tertiary qualifications in law from a common law jurisdiction
- currently hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate in the ACT
- PQE 10+ years, including as a senior associate, special counsel or equivalent in-house
- extensive experience managing stakeholder expectations and designing and delivery services to meet stakeholder requirements
- extensive experience preparing and presenting information on legal and business issues
- extensive experience in legal and commercial negotiations
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Hannah.Savino@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508