Your new company
This position will see you working within a unit of a State Government department, based in Melbourne's CBD. You will be working within the Legal division, responsible for providing legal advice and assistance to stakeholders on a broad range of law in relation to Construction and Property matters.
Your new role
In this role, you will report to the Principal Lawyers and Managers and will be responsible for providing high quality and timely legal advice in relation to stakeholder issues, legislation, policies and operations of the Department primarily in the areas of law that the unit is responsible for including, construction and property law. You will also:
- Provide advice on the following; land use arrangements (development agreements and community joint use agreements)
- Arrange and manage land arrangements for the purposes of assembling sites for construction and third party use arrangements
- Manage procurement and policy
- Advise on contractual matters and disputes in relation to property and construction matters.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Law and current Victorian Practising Certificate
- 3 years + PAE
- Proven specialist experience working in Construction Law
- Strong drafting and interpretation skills (Familiar with AS2124 and AS4300 construction contracts)
- Dispute experience (Not necessarily litigation)
- Government procurement and contract negotiation experience as well as familiarisation with Government processes
- Property Law experience is a bonus
What you'll get in return
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to work for a well-known State Government Department. This Department offers competitive remuneration, and a fantastic and vibrant work culture and work-life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aimee Lobban now on 03 8616 8453 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508