Your new company
Our client is a boutique private practice law firm specialising in the area of motor claims. Offering an array of legal advice for anyone involved in a motor accident, they are a one-stop shop for litigation work. As a cost effective alternative to the larger national law firms for businesses and private clients, their portfolio of clients range from individuals to multinational operations. An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lawyer to join its high performing team. The role reports to the Legal Director and manages a team of three, comprising of a Lawyer and Paralegals.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- To manage all litigated matters within a portfolio across NSW, ACT and SA
- Responsible for all facets of file management and maintenance of file velocity
- Liaising with and reporting to clients and stakeholders.
- Correspondence with Defendants and/or their representatives.
- Correspondence with insurance companies, process servers, courts and other external entities
- Collection and preparation of evidence including drafting affidavits and witness statements
- Acting for clients in civil proceedings issued in the NSW Local Court
- Appearing at Hearings, Pre-Trial Reviews, Call-Overs, Reviews and Settlement Conferences
- Filing and serving Court documentation, preparing for Court Arbitrations/Hearings/Trials, brief Counsel
- Appearing at interlocutory hearings including attendances at pre-trial and status conferences
- Negotiating commercial settlements
- Management and supervision of the NSW team
- Assisting the Legal Director to deliver overall outcomes required by the NSW team
What you'll get in return
- Admitted to practice as a Lawyer in Australia with ideally 4-5 years PAE in litigation
- Current Australian Legal Practising Certificate
- Experience managing and conducting own files end-to-end
- Knowledge of NSW court processes
- Insurance Litigation experience highly regarded
- Ability to meet deadlines autonomously
- A passion and aptitude for advocacy
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent time management and priority management skills
- Focussed on deliverables for clients
- Leadership and team management capability
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but dedicated team offering a professional, reliable, and friendly, tailored service. Working for a niche firm as part of a wider commercial business, this role would suit a Senior Lawyer from Private Practice looking to move into a hybrid in-house environment. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, they offer flexible working options with the opportunity to WFH on a regular basis. They have a vibrant, positive culture, no billable hours, and a range of other in-house perks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call Krista Godfrey on 02 8226 9789 or email email@example.com.LHS 297508