Your new company
A medium sized practice based in Melbourne CBD are currently looking for an experienced hands-on Interior Architect / Designer to take projects from inception through to completion. This is a great opportunity for mid-senior level Designers to take on a variety of responsibilities across a wide project portfolio that includes: Commercial, Redevelopment, Workplace, and Residential just to name a few.
Your new role
It is important that you have local experience running projects from design through to completion. You will be able to manage all sub-consultants, run small teams, contribute to the design process and be hands on in the delivery of accurate and timely documentation.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Be involved in the development of design schemes under the leadership of a Design Principal and in conjunction with the project team
- Be involved in the delivery of projects either as the Project Leader or in conjunction with the project team
- Prepare, document and develop drawings, details, specifications and other documents relating to the design and conceptualisation of various interiors as specified by the Project Leader
- Specify finishes and materials from initial concept to final FFE specifications
- Work with the allocated design team in the delivery of key submission requirements to clients and authorities
- The ability to prepare, document and develop drawings, details, specifications and other documents relating to the design and conceptualisation of various interiors
- Liaise with clients, construction team and other associated stakeholders
- Deliver allocated work within agreed timeframes
What you'll get in return
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the delivery of Interior projects
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with current Building Regulations, Australian Standards and DDA
- Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Demonstrated ability to integrate design requirements with the documented built form
- The ability to understand and formulate design decisions relevant to the documentation package and present for discussion
- The ability to use the following: REVIT (primary documentation software), Autocad, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience with Twin Motion, Lumion (or similar), or ability/desire to learn quickly
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise tasks in order to deliver work to often tight deadlines.
- A proactive approach and keenness to show initiative and take responsibility for tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills and the capability to continue working efficiently when under pressure.
- An aptitude for building good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you need to do now
- Supportive leadership team
- Great diversity in clients and projects
- CBD based office
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Competitive remuneration package
- Strong focus on career development and progression
- Great culture with mentors to help build your learning and exposure across both Architecture & Design
- Variety of work, that means no repetitive tasks
- Constantly open for creative and new ideas
If you're interested in this role, please if you can forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio to Shermaine.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Shermaine Chia on 0403 25 2661 for a confidential discussion.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Shermaine Chia for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508