Your new company
Hays Technology in Geelong are currently partnered with a leading Public Sector Organization to recruit Senior Innovation Specialist - UI/UX on 12 months fixed term role
. This will be a hybrid role working from home and Geelong office location.
Your new role
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, testing and build of Innovation Initiatives. You will be reporting to the Innovation Lead and will work in collaboration with Innovation Centre team to work on human centre design to test new ideas, taking smart risks, building MVPs and fostering an innovative culture and deliver outcomes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist in Identifying potential opportunities to perform primary and secondary research through interviews with SMEs, clients and Desktop Research team.
- Assist in facilitation of co-design and prototyping workshops involving clients.
- Involved in testing and iterating solutions for prototyping tools and techniques.
- Organise, launch, scale and monitor pilots to test Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) with clients and assess early benefits.
- Provide direction, mentoring and support to the multidisciplinary Design Crew to assist them through the innovation process
- Responsible for creating and capturing of accurate business activities.
- Adhere to all WorkSafe’s policies and procedures and any legislative requirements relevant to this position
- Maintain relationship with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Any other reasonable and related duties to meet the ongoing needs of company
To be considered for this role, you will have:
What you'll get in return
- Relevant degree in either Design, Business, Human Sciences, Software Engineering or other relevant field, design thinking / human centred design.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy/service design, product design and development or software development.
- Experience using human centred design methodologies to work through the design process
- Experience generating various artefacts to support HCD and Innovation projects including personas, customer journey maps, service blueprints etc
- Relevant experience with designing and scaping MVPs.
- Proven exposure in designing by leveraging techniques including wireframing, storyboarding and map experience.
- Proven exposure in leveraging prototyping tools and techniques to iterate solutions.
- Demonstrating a human centred design approach to all aspects of work, including a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to assist in embedding this approach across the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in working with all levels.
- Proven exposure and ability to create and develop new and innovate ways of approaching problems and engage with various audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role offers you Competitive Annual Salary to $125,000 + Superannuation
and Hybrid working with 2-3 days onsite in Geelong office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508