Your new company
Your new company is an Australian-owned engineering and environmental consultancy. Since 1963, they have been delivering engineering and environmental consulting, advisory and project management services throughout Australia and abroad. They are recognized as one of the leaders in the fields and have achieved many awards over the years with the most recent accolade in gender diversity. This consultancy does not only deliver the highest service and standard to its clients, it delivers and priorities its very people at the core of the business.
Your new role
The position of Senior Drafter is responsible for the preparation of engineering designs and investigations across a broad range of infrastructure projects. It may include external contract management, management of internal design projects and preparation of contract documentation for design projects.
The role is also expected to embrace the working culture and add a dynamic to the team environment in the office through active participation and engagement with fellow colleagues in the office and those throughout the organisation.
- Produce high quality construction and design drawings liaising with other staff to meet client needs, ensuring compliance and accord with relevant engineering standards
- Implement best practice design principles and standards and identify and implement innovative design solutions and practices
- Liaise with other engineering professionals and managers about delivery of best practice designs and documentation, including consideration of life cycle costs and/or the ability to build, maintain and manage any implemented designs
- Prepare preliminary estimates for design works
- Drafting Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges, Rail Bridges
- Reviewing drafting work
- Prepare analytical data, correspondence, reports and presentations
- Utilise and maintain databases and electronic record systems
- Consult with stakeholders, eg councils, developers, contractors, public authorities and the public - as required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and design software programs both 2D and 3D packages, Revit & MicroStation
What you'll need to succeed
10 years previous experience working on similar bridges projects, within the consultancy side.
Proficiency using 2D,3D, Revit and MicroStation.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and design software programs both 2D and 3D packages, Revit & MicroStation
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in a team where people are empowered and work on what they are passionate about.
A team where you'll be given the support and the tools to be successful with all the resources you need to thrive.
This consultancy offers great work life balance & working culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call Kim Patron now on 0481 545 905.LHS 297508