Your new company
Our client, a global design and engineering firm, who have been operating within the Australian market for over 60 years. They have been a creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent sustainability projects.
Your new role
Working within the Highway and Transport Infrastructure team your role as the Senior Engineer will be to focus on technical design and project management ensuring successful project delivery. You will be key to the delivery of a pipeline of interesting and varied highway and major road projects across Queensland with a focus on North Queensland.
What you'll need to succeed
- Your work will involve leading the overall performance on highway and major infrastructure projects. This will include client liaison, design management, quality management, programming, reporting and cost control.
- Accountable for significant and complex activities or projects. This will require you to be responsible for predicting and planning future resources
- Representing the organisation at internal and external meetings
- Embrace and deliver a longer-term strategic view of the business and contribute to the development plan of the company
- Responsibility for the performance and development of others. This would require you to provide guidance, training, motivation and direction to staff
To be successful through to the next stage of recruitment, you will possess the following tertiary requirements, demonstrated work experience and technical skills;
What you'll get in return
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications (BEng) and RPEQ certification
- Familiarity with TMR and Austroads design standards
- Experience leading projects for key clients, particularly the Department of Transport and Main Roads through planning and delivery stages
- Experience in the management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience in applying a variety of civil engineering skills in a consulting environment, with a strong emphasis on leading the delivery of design projects covering client liaison, team organisation, quality management, programming and cost control.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
- Effective written communication and report writing skills
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload
You will be awarded the stability of a permanent, full-time position, attracting a salary, depending on your level of experience, of $120,000 to $150,000 + superannuation. You will have access to flexible working arrangements and a comprehensive list of company benefits, including additional leave, access to Global Profit Share, interest free loans and company rewards. Relocation assistance is available to non-local applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508