Your new company
Hays is working with a medium sized Federal Government Agency, located in Canberra, to find a strategically minded Senior Business Analyst. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance, and be located in Canberra.
Your new role
As the Senior Business Analyst you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Work with key stakeholders -internal and external- to understand, distil and capture business requirements (both internal agency and end-user requirements
- Develop documentation that clearly articulates business and functional requirements
- Collaborate with various ICT experts in partner agencies to understand current and future state business process design
- Work closely with the Experience, Research and Design Team to understand insights from user research with businesses and work with the team to translate findings into use cases and end-user requirements
- Assist in the development of digital strategies and designs to support the overall mission of the project
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in:
What you'll get in return
- Working as a Business Analyst with highly developed skills and understanding of best practice and methodologies
- Skills and experience in developing strategies and governance that support business analyst practice such as guardrails, community of practice, pipelines, and principles
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and the ability to run outcome-based engagements such as workshops.
- Working across teams and draw upon relevant expertise to work collaboratively in capturing requirements and processes.
- Delivering and documenting business analysis artefacts (business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, use case, etc.) that align with best practice methodologies for input into Department of Finance ICT business case process.
On offer to the successful candidate:
What you need to do now
- An initial 6 month contract, with a 6 month extension thereafter
- Flexibility, and WFH arrangements
- Work in a Federal Government Department
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Blythe Roach on +61 2 9249 2266 now. Alternatively, send a copy of your updated CV to Blythe.Roach@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508