Your new company
An established and well recognised player within its market, this organisation is a market leader and a recognisable brand. They enjoy a low staff turnover, and have been continually growing for a number of years. This growth has brought about the requirement for a Senior Accountant, to join their team of qualified professionals initially on a permanent full time, or 0.8 basis to start immediately.
Your new role
Based in greater Hobart, and reporting to the Financial Controller, you’ll be working right across the business, with the support of a team of Accountants. As a CA / CPA Accountant your key responsibilities will be,
- Provide accurate, reliable, and detailed monthly performance reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for and coordination of general ledger reconciliations.
- Keep track of overheads, allocate/recharge to different group entities and prepare monthly cost variance analysis.
- Officer and Finance Officer/Bookkeeper with all accounting queries including Xero technical support, journal entries, reconciliations, and preparation of management reports. Back up these team members when on leave.
- Management of Fixed Assets Reporting including review of CAPEX spend and forecasting.
- Taxation compliance including all Tax, relevant legislation, accounting standards and guidelines for relevant subsidiaries.
- Processing monthly intragroup eliminations journals.
- Annual Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Assistance with half-year and full-year Audit Process.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with ad hoc projects and commercial analysis as required.
A self-starter, you’ll be degree qualified and have completed your CA/CPA. You’ll have demonstrated experience in a similar role or will have significant experience within a Public Practice Accounting Firm. You’ll demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, enjoy working to deadlines, have financial modelling experience, and possess excellent excel skills. Your outstanding communication skills will be underpinned by high level analytical and problem-solving capabilities through which you can demonstrate good judgement and financial acumen. With excellent people skills, you’ll enjoy working with various stakeholders right across the business.
Successful candidates will need to be prepared to pass a national police check prior to commencement.
What you'll get in return
In return you’ll receive the opportunity to work with an employer who is well known for providing an excellent work environment, an attractive remuneration, and the opportunity to broaden your industry experience. You’ll also be working in a team of high achieving Qualified Accountants with a culture of career development and continuous improvement.
What you need to do now
To apply or to find out more about this rare opportunity with a reputable organisation, please contact Stuart Martin on 0362349554 or email@example.com for a confidential conversation. Applications close COB Wednesday 6th