Your New Company:
Hays Newcastle have partnered with a premium and renowned hospitality group who are looking to expand their talent team in line with the growth of their venues. Through a progressive approach towards upholding positive workplace culture and striving for collective success they have been able to demonstrate that the success of their venues comes down to having the right team.
Your New Role:
As the S&E Manager of the venue you will be the go-to individual for all things reservations, events and sales for your team, this includes the coordination of outstanding restaurants on site, designated bar and entertainment areas, conference rooms and state of the art wedding facility.
The role has many elements - from leading and coordinating events and enquires to strategically planning marketing strategies to capitalise on customer trends and new business opportunities. You will work closely with the other members of the senior management team to make sure the community (both locally and nationally) know about the perks of the hotel, fine dining experiences and entertainment on offer at the establishment.
What You'll Need To Succeed:
What You'll Get In Return:
Proven experience within event management, sales or senior venue management. You will be able to demonstrate the benefit of continuous networking to positively expand external relationships and the reputation of the business.
- Involvement with facilitating large format events within multi-faceted venues resulting in strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Exposure to proactive sales and ability to develop and implement quarterly, seasonal and annual sales activity projections and targets.
- Tertiary qualifications in hospitality, tourism, events or sales (highly desirable).
- Incredible communication style which will has allowed you to master negotiation, conflict resolution, delegation and strong selling skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work autonomously within a team and successfully network to expand external relationships with the business.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Sales/ Events/ Venue Management with a multi-faceted high-volume venue (highly desirable).
This client understands the right candidate might not be down the road or around the corner. They are offering a relocation assistance package on top of the salary package offered to support applications nationwide – there is also staff accommodation available for the transition period.
What You Need To Do Now:
- Generous allowances and discounts across all venues within NSW as well as a sign-on bonus for the successful candidate.
Continuous support with the continuous development of your skill and career as well as exposure to other opportunities and progressions within the group.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, alternatively email it directly to Caitlin.Mcdonald@hays.com.au or call 0498 015439.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508