Your new company
Your new company is an Industry Leader in the development of Ground Transport, Security Systems and Communication Systems with emphasis in both the underwater and above water domains. This is an incredible opportunity to progress your career with a world leading Defence Company. If you’re looking for innovative and exciting projects working on tactical systems and other critical systems for Defence vessels this role is for you.
Your new role
As the Safety Engineering and Assurance Manager you will provide support activities for the system safety management system by monitoring and implementing changes and improvements on the assigned Defence vessels. This position will have you managing a highly skilled and high performing team who are charged with developing and delivering solutions in order to reduce and/or eliminate risk across the business line.
What you'll need to succeed
- Leading and Managing the Safety Engineering and Assurance governance, competencies and continuous improvement of function
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentoring of staff involved in system safety activities
- Conducting extensive range of activities to address potential safety hazards and risks, testing engineering, product development, systems engineering and software safety.
- Proficient execution reporting and monitoring escalated safety risks to build strong Safety Cases to ensure that the final delivered system is compliant with safety legislation, industry regulation and corporate policies.
- Liaise effectively with Engineering teams to develop effective mitigation and controls to hazards
What you'll get in return
- Must be Australian Citizen to be eligible for Defence Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar related discipline
- Previous knowledge of safety management systems
- Relevant experience in safety and mission critical programs within heavily regulated industries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience leading and managing a highly skilled team
- Acute focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally recognised company and work as a part of agile team who specialise in Military Systems. You will be rewarded with competitive compensation and work place flexibility. Be a part of a business who places value on their teams and join in the successes your new company have had across multiple sectors, notably Defence. Apply now to work in a dynamic and innovative environment!
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the skills described to be successful, click 'apply now' or for more information and a confidential discussion, or to find out about more opportunities within the Defence Industry contact Jacqui Caldwell at Hays on (02) 9249 2275 or email Jacqui.Caldwell@hays.com.auLHS 297508