Your new company
Our client is seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator/Manager to join their team located central to the Sunshine Coast. You will be leading a team culture that is committed to ensuring a safe working environment by promoting H&S initiatives.
Your new role
As the Safety Coordinator/Manager you will be responsible for promoting a positive safety culture by providing professional support, advice and assistance to the Safety Management team. Your duties within the role will include but not be limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Reporting of hazards, incident & statistics
- Management of risk assessments
- Incident investigations both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance of contractor inductions
- Management of registers (risk, hazard & incidents)
- Maintenance of safety management system
- Respond to incidents in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure compliance is within accordance with industry standards
- External stakeholder management
- Review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
This is a fast-paced corporate work environment that will require you to be extremely calm and resilient. You will be pragmatic and customer centric, while being a key influencer of health and safety with an expert understanding of current benchmarks, trends and issues.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of a Certificate IV in H&S (tertiary level desirable)
- Return to Work Coordinator Certificate (desirable)
- Significant experience in the management of H&S
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of H&S legislation
- Current class C driver license
- Experience with a multi-site employer
- ICAM Investigation techniques (desirable)
You will be provided with a great working environment that values work-life balance. This is a temporary contract which could lead to a permanent full-time position for the right candidate. This opportunity is ready for an immediate start and is located central to the Sunshine Coast region.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508