This highly regarded company are a global supplier of mine site laboratory solutions. Based in Landsdale you will report directly to the General Manager. In this exciting and newly created role you will be given full support to a set up their purchasing function.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Purchase goods as required in an accurate and timely manner to fulfil requirements for the Sales team and to maintain efficient stock holdings for the warehouse.
- Maintain accurate delivery dates on all orders and ensure all relevant documents are
- Work closely with Management to ensure cash flow levels of company are a Purchasing priority including staged purchasing where necessary to minimise length of time stock is held in warehouse.
- Liaise with suppliers to build relationships, ensure the best pricing and source alternative suppliers as required.
- Ensure inventory is well managed by running and overseeing stocktakes.
- Work with General manager and Sales staff to ensure the most economical methods of transport are used for importation from Overseas and local freight are organised.
- Adhere to ISO Quality System framework.
- Supplier Assessment and Evaluation completed accurately and on time.
- Stock records are completed and maintained to the appropriate levels.
- Inventory counts and amendments are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Previous experience in a purchasing role, preferably in mining or closely related industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised – ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, positive and willing to learn and adapt to internal and external market changes.
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Office, incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.