Your new company
Leading multi-national Defence business is seeking a high performing Proposal Writer to join their growing Canberra team. This company offers excellent career progression, autonomy to think outside of the box and the unique opportunity to grow an Australian branch of an international business. If you are motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to get stuck in whilst leading from the front, then this company is for you!
Your new role
This role will see you assist the Bid Manager to write proposals in support of a pipeline of identified opportunities. You will be responsible for the development of proposals in response to Requests for Information/Proposals/Quotes/Tenders and unsolicited proposals in the Defence, Aerospace and Civil domains. Other responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Development and management of a suite of exemplar proposal documents
- Creation of proposal graphics
- Participating in the Life Cycle Management and Business Winning Processes
- Creating and owning offer documentation and transmitting to customers.
- Maintaining a prospect database to identify new opportunities and to create a funnel to afford an efficient and achievable budget and forecast for the next five years.
- Participating in major project, sales and business reviews.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated 5 years previous proposal writing experience in the Aerospace, Defence and Civil sector
- Experience working with Bid and Sales & Marketing Managers
- Knowledge of Australian Defence Contracting (ASDEFCON) suite of documents
- Flexibility to adaptability to prioritise across a diverse and geographically separated Sales and Marketing Team
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interface within a complex international organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create networks and influence internal stake holders
- Ability to quickly determine customer needs and apply creative solutions
- Advanced Microsoft product suite and graphic design capability
What you'll get in return
- Australian Citizenship holding or eligible for an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Defence Security Clearance to a minimum of Baseline.
The opportunity to join a multi-national defence organisation and be able to assist in developing an Australian branch to make a meaningful contribution to Australian Defence capability.
This is a permanent opportunity that will allow you to grow and expand your career, as well as have access to several internal benefits, including: competitive salary, supportive work environment, working with high-ranking Defence professionals and the ability to work autonomously.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Rochelle Feenan on (02) 6112 7622, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508