Project Planner required for an immediate start on a 12-month assignment with potential extension. Mon – Friday roster in the Perth CBD. Working on a Major rail technology project.
Your new company
Your new leading resources company produces copper, iron ore and nickel for global economic growth and focuses on doing the right thing, committed to building cohesive, diverse, and safe teams and transitioning to a cleaner energy future.
Your new role
The key to this role is the soft (people) skills / excellent communication. The right candidate would be working in a team of three planners on a major project along with supporting the Operational Readiness portion of scope with 6x key interfaces (Operational Readiness package leads/manager).
The right candidate is required for an immediate start on a 12-month assignment with the potential of an extension. Located in the Perth CBD.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working on a team with three planners alongside the Operational Readiness team
- You will be working on one of the Major rail projects in WA
- Working alongside diverse people with backgrounds in many different fields utilising people and organisational skills
- Supporting / coaching and guiding the team in project management as well as the operational readiness team
- Become the major support for a variety of teams
- Experience in Rail / Operational Readiness within a mining sector project
- The Operational Readiness Team’s strength is from operations, therefore supporting/coaching/guiding them in Project Management/Scheduling principles when applicable will be required
- Have great organisational/structural attributes
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team player following BHP Processes
- Provide day to day scheduling support to the Operational Readiness Team
- Maintain and keep up to date the Operational Readiness Basis of Schedule document
- Senior experience and level of proficiency in Primavera and Excel
- Provide timely information for key decisions including early warning analysis for corrective actions to be reviewed/applied to help achieve critical path target
- Resource forecast reviews
- Eye for detail
- Deltek Acumen Fuse experience
- Strong change management experience
BHP encourages diverse candidates to apply.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with a highly competitive hourly rate and superannuation. Located in the Perth CBD, this opportunity offers 12-month to start with a possibility for extension. working for a Tier 1 Company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508