Your new company
This well-known State Government Organisation and one of Australia’s largest Regional Public Transport is currently seeking an experience Project Manager to provide project engineering and project management support to the Asset Lifecycle Planning team. This is an initial 6-month contract position with the likelihood to extend.
Your new role
Working as a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following below:
What you'll need to succeed
- Identify, engage and document stakeholder requirements then develop an options analysis to address these needs.
- Liaise with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, assist with any required planning permits/approvals.
- Prepare a Project Brief in readiness to handover to the Delivery agent for execution.
- Verify costs TCE with the organisations Supply Chain team and or Program Estimator as well as inventory availability.
- Project brief must include agreed scope, known defects, design, bill of materials, target cost estimate (TCE) (+/- 10% accuracy) and finalise a schedule (MS Project). It may also include things such as surveys, assessments, photos, maps, speed restrictions etc.
You will have a qualification in engineering as well as experience in maintenance or renewal of railway assets. You will also have experience in managing the development (design) phases for rail renewal projects and experience in stakeholder engagement, facilitating scoping and option analysis workshops. Experience in estimating/costing railway projects would be preferred.
What you'll get in return
Work in Victoria’s fast-growing city, where you will be a part of an amazing team that values work-life balance, whilst gaining stability in your career. This is a contract role with an immediate start and the potential to extend.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or send direct to Alissa.Sara@hays.com.au. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alissa Sara on 03 8616 8424 for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508