Your new company
Our client is a Global Prime with a strong presence in the Australian Defence industry. They are now seeking to expand their team in Sydney with a Project Engineer.
Your new role
You will be joining an experienced and forward-thinking Project team and report directly into the Project Manager in a Maritime Defence environment. You will be responsible for providing technical support to several teams across the project and demonstrate skills in effectively delivering the product within required timeframes and quality requirements. You will play an integral part in the success of this project and support the broader engineering capability of the business. Your key responsibilities to achieve success include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Overall accountability for the task estimation, scheduling and technical advice
- Ensuring that work safety/solutions are implemented to mitigate hazards/risks in workplace environment.
- Ensuring communication amongst team members and facilitate a collaborative and supportive environment
- Adapt the Project Engineering role to liaise closely with internal teams for stock acceptance and the streamlining of processes for effective time management.
- Support the Manufacturing team to perform conflict resolution regarding their duties and responsibilities.
- As prime technical interface with teams across the project, the Project Engineer is responsible for the customer level of technical confidence in the project
What you'll get in return
- Currently hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics)
- Strong experience as an engineer working in a project environment
- Great ability to be the conduit between several internal project teams
- Demonstrable track record in a similar role either in the Defence Industry or one similar
- MS Office Suite proficient
You will be offered an excellent salary as part of a reputable Defence organisation working on an exciting major project. This is an amazing opportunity to develop your skills within a thrilling and challenging work environment.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the skills described to be successful, or for more information and a confidential discussion, or to find out about more opportunities within the Defence Industry contact Jacqui Caldwell at Hays on (02) 9249 2275 or email Jacqui.Caldwell@hays.com.auLHS 297508