Your new company
This equal opportunity local government organisation promotes a healthy and safe work environment. They are committed to diversity in their community and workforce and encourage Indigenous Australians, people with disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of their inclusive team. Located on the northern fringes of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, this organisation offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Your new role
Your role as Project Development Engineer will see you manage the development of road and drainage projects within agreed timeframes. Some responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of reports and recommendations to gain construction approval
- Prepare contract documentations and tendering
- Engage and manage consultants and contractors
- Coordinate approval processes, preconstruction activities and finalise designs
- Liaise with asset owners and stakeholders to coordinate project scheduling
- Provide technical support to other sections to deliver projects and resolve any design issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or other relevant discipline
- Contemporary experience in road and drainage engineering with ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively with a team to achieve specific objectives
- Previous experience in managing contractors and consultant
- Highly motivated person who enjoys achieving quality outcomes
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
What you'll get in return
Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the overarching vision and purpose of this local government organisation. You will be rewarded with flexible work arrangements, ongoing project pipeline and a healthy hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws on 02 4032 8650 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.