Your new company
You will be working for a public sector entity based in the Darwin area.
Your new role
As a Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager in the planning, development, and management of Civil and Building infrastructure projects. This is a temporary position with on-going duration.
Your key responsibilities will be:
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertake the initial scoping of future capital work projects in consultation with stakeholders and draft reports on engineering matters.
- Review and prepare project documents in relation to the tenders (technical specifications, project design briefs, contract documents) and to support funding applications relating to government grants.
- Prepare the project planning schedules (issue/risk identification, contingency plan establishment) and coordinate the project plan development and execution.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure efficiency and quality in the projects’ progress.
- Monitor projects’ budgets for compliance, report on deviations and recommend solutions to implement.
- Implement quality plans to ensure projects’ compliance.
- Manage contract and compliance administration and prepare progress reports.
What you'll get in return
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or significant experience in Civil Engineering planning, design, and supervision.
- Experience working on road construction in Australia and extensive knowledge of the standards and maintenance.
- Demonstrated skills in project management to achieve desired outcomes within time and budget constraints to a high quality.
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of contract management.
- High level Microsoft Office skills including MS Project.
You will join an energetic project team within a local government organisation. A competitive hourly rate including super. You will enjoy an excellent work/life balance including flexible hours and may have the opportunity for contract extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Victor LAURENT on 0889436036 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508