Your new company
Our client is a leading industrial design company who have been in the industry for 30 plus years, with a presence in 12 countries. They have undergone a vast amount of growth business wise over the last few years which is only going forwards.
Your new role
You will be tasked with managing a variety of end-to-end procurement activities to drive project outcomes. At any one time, you'll be working across a multitude of projects.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Strategic sourcing of a variety of specialised components
- Supplier relationship and contract management
- Management of RFx activities and negotiation with suppliers to attain best pricing
- Placement of purchase orders, direct change notices, concession notices where required
- Support sales department in maintain and winning new business by ensuring that all BOM’s are up to date and correct.
- Identify best practice components for new and existing designs.
- Implement and adhere to quality processes and initiatives as part of the business’ overarching quality system
- Working to source components from a bill of materials
To be successful in this role, you'll have prior experience as a procurement specialist within a technical manufacturing environment, ideally with an electronics focus. Engineering qualifications are also highly regarded.
Key skills and experience required will include:
What you'll get in return
- Strategic sourcing of technical components in an agile manufacturing environment
- Experience with parts supply methodologies i.e. KanBan/JIT/reorder point
- Strong systems experience with outstanding Excel skills
- An understanding of the end-to-end procurement process
- Ideally, you'll come with broader supply chain coordination experience
With this opportunity you'll receive the chance to join a truly innovative Australian manufacturer who are in the midst of exciting growth and business transformation. They have a very well-established team and are looking for someone who can come in and work collaboratively with them, located in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Arielle Stavropolos on Arielle.firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:Arielle.email@example.com] .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508