Your new company
The department's vision is to enable growth and productivity for globally competitive industries
Your new role
As the Procurement Officer, you will work with program managers directly on their various special projects and be the source of technical advice and support on complex procurement matters to the Agency. You will apply relevant legislative requirements to all procurement matters.
What the duties of the role will be
What you'll get in return
- Lead procurement activities as required.
- Assisting with the daily activities of the procurement broadly across all areas within the Agency.
- Liaising with the Department’s procurement team to ensure smooth passage of procurement requirements for the Agency.
- Management of Agency panel’s including engaging with other Government organisations seeking to use the Agency’s panels, providing guidance and support as required.
- Providing technical and specialist advice and support on the application of relevant legislative and administrative arrangements on all procurement matters.
- Ensure cost effective procurement practices, ensuring procurement matters are efficient, effective and support business requirements.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a cooperative and agile team and develop your skills in procurement matters. You will be offered a 3 month contract with the view for extension for up to a further 24 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tess Johnson on 026112 7672 or email Tess.Johnson@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508