Your new company
Our client is a well-known service focused organisation, who are a leader in their space nationally.
They strive to provide a quality service for all customers, whilst ensuring they tailor their approach to have effective and sustainable commercial relationships, providing an overall benefit for the organisation.
As the business transforms and they shift in their long-term value proposition, the procurement team has continually developed in maturity and they are seeking an established procurement professional to be a key component of their capital projects procurement team.
Your new role
Within this role you will be responsible for supporting the development, deployment and management of category strategies across technical, engineering and construction focused spend, in order to deliver sustained value and competitive advantage to all business units.
You will be able to effectively manage a variety of responsibilities while utilising best-practice strategic procurement and commercial approaches, having responsibility for procurement from conception to contract award and beyond.
Key roles and responsibilities of the position will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant relevant experience at a senior level across procurement/supply chain
- Operating and managing within a structured procurement environment, while working collaboratively
- Experience in the development and implementation of category strategies
- Managing the end-to-end delivery and deployment of complex procurement/commercial activities, ideally with a focus on construction or capital projects procurement
- Experience in developing quantative and qualitative models and processes for RFx’s
- Well developed experience managing technical, engineering focused spend/dealing with technical stakeholders
- A focus on Capital Projects procurement, and managing high value complex project sourcing activity
- Experience in contract preparation, Contract negotiation/execution, Contract management, Supplier development/management
- Experience in analytics and financial principles, ideally in a procurement context
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary education within the areas of business, finance or similar
- Experience in leading the sourcing of goods and subcontracted services relating to construction projects
- Confidence in taking the lead on high project value procurement activity
- An understanding of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, particularly as it relates to capital projects procurement
- Knowledge of procurement methodologies as applied within a corporate procurement function
In return, you will receive the opportunity to join an established and well-respected procurement team in a phase of positive change and transformation.
Operating on a hybrid model with a mix of working from home and in office, located on St Kilda Rd. This could be the opportunity you've been waiting for to join a well-established team, who have a diverse range of experience and great workplace culture. They are looking at growing their team and adding contributors that think strategically and add value throughout the function.
The role will come with a competitive base salary with a variety of additional benefits and will be determined commensurate with your experience. This role will provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work in a key organisational role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Arielle Stavropolos on Arielle.Stavropolos@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are currently interested in a career change, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding this!LHS 297508