Your new company
Our client is a state owned corporation that deliver safe, reliable affordable energy supply to the WA community
Your new role
As the Principal Energy Market Advisor, you will be accountable for providing expert technical advice and guidance on matters related to the Wholesale Electricity Market including the impact due to new investment programs, changes to the regulatory landscape.
- In performing this role, the incumbent is required to contribute to an inclusive, effective, and safe working environment by taking responsibility for his/her decisions and behaviours, and the consequences of these.
- Provide expert advice into the construct of the current WEM and its evolution and its consistency with the Technical Rules to enable informed business decision making and future strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- A seasoned professional with a broad and or deep range of knowledge and expertise gained through comprehensive experience in the Wholesale Energy Market, combined with professional or academic and / or post graduate qualifications.
- At least 10 to 15 years comprehensive & broad knowledge of regulatory frameworks and energy market constructs.
- Comprehensive experience in engaging on and responding to formal and binding industry consultations which carry significant legal / regulatory implications.
- Advanced communications, interpersonal, presentations and facilitation skills
- Advanced report writing, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement and business acumen skills
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interaction with others is primarily concerned with, leading, influencing, developing, motivating, and changing behaviour
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership”
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508