Your new company
This NSW Government Department works with children, adults, families and communities to deliver services with a unified and collaborative approach with the objective of achieving a vibrant, sustainable and inclusive community.
Your new role
As the Policy Officer you will coordinate and undertake policy development, providing analysis and advice to support best practice disaster management and community resilience.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and coordination of policy development and projects that deliver effective outcomes and Division and Agency objectives.
- Undertake research and analysis identifying trends and emerging issues to support the development of policy and key projects and the improvement of processes.
- Coordinate aspects of policy development, projects and implementation, including developing and monitoring project plans and briefs, and coordinating inputs and resources to ensure project milestones are met.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues to coordinate and provide secretariat services to working groups, committees, subcommittees and consultations as required, to facilitate exchange of information and support engagement, policy development and implementation.
- Prepare a range of project-related documents for key stakeholders as required, including status updates, reports, and discussion papers to manage the flow of information.
- Deliver on assigned projects within agreed upon deadlines and quality standards using robust project management processes to allow for consistent high-quality outcomes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent professional experience
- Policy advisory experience in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel interstate and support other operational roles during disasters, emergencies and other events, consistent with skills, background and personal circumstances.
- Capacity to communicate effectively by developing high quality briefing documentation and extensive experience in writing
- Ability to manage key stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation
- Critical analysis skills with the ability to develop practical solutions.
What you'll get in return
This is a short-term contract with possibility of extension offering a daily rate of between $54.63-$60.47/hour plus super.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Veronia.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Veronia on 02 8226 9621LHS 297508