Your new company
This prestigious education provider centrally located in Sydney is a leading Australian university with the vision to be a world leading university of technology. With direct access to public transport the campus precinct is part of a vibrant ever-changing urban community which is constantly adapting to its current needs and planning for the future. The Planning and Design team which forms part of this organisations Program Management Office is a group of visionary professionals who are keen to bring on a dynamic individual to aid in an increased workload of exciting planning and design projects.
Your new role
As the Manager of Campus Planning, your role will contribute urban design and urban planning expertise relating to significant Masterplans and strategic planning projects. You will be expected to lead, and project manage state significant as well as local development applications and design competitions. You will work closely with other members of the Program Management Office collaborating with a range of stakeholders within the university as both clients and users. Externally, you will be required to manage consultants for planning and design projects, liaise with senior members of numerous regulatory/government authorities, and participate in external stakeholder engagement meetings.
Major functions of your role include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- University Strategic Planning (masterplanning, planning proposals and development control plan projects)
- University Statutory Planning (project managing planning applications)
- Campus Planning & Design Projects (preparing public domain and open space briefs and strategies, contributing to biannual updates to the Design & Construction Guidelines and undertaking design reviews).
- Specialist Advice
- Extensive knowledge of NSW urban design, planning principles and planning legislation and processes is essential
- You must have worked within Urban Design roles to a senior/managerial level within a planning capacity in the NSW market.
- Tertiary qualifications in urban design essential
- Tertiary qualifications in planning desirable and highly regarded, unless strong demonstrated work experience in planning sector can be demonstrated
- Experience within the private sector and/or commercial property industry is advantageous however all sectors accepted.
- Experience with education projects advantageous
- Looking for a dynamic and adaptable individual who has proven abilities to apply statutory planning and urban design requirements within an innovative framework of design development (Extensive knowledge of masterplanning and the state significant project development/approvals experience).
What you need to do now
In return, you will receive a highly competitive rate in line with a competitive market on an initial contract basis.
Please get in touch for a comprehensive position description and more information about the role. If you're interested in applying, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Finola now on 02 92492264.LHS 297508