Your new company
Hays Darwin is delighted to assist with the recruitment of a newly created People and Culture Manager position. The company is a not-for-profit dedicated to supporting children, young people and communities to thrive. Whether it’s at Early Learning Centres, Outside Hours School Care, at their Recreation centres, Aquatic facilities, in their Youth Programs, Remote Pools program, or at the Hostel, the organisation is committed to supporting Territorians to be connected, educated, resilient and healthy.
Your new role
Reporting to the CEO, this role will see you developing a People and Culture strategy to support, engage, build capacity and nurture talent across the organisation, with a critical focus on diversity, including an ambition to grow their First Nations workforce to greater than 30%. Key duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Designing and leading HR processes across the employee life cycle.
- Providing advice and interpretation on modern awards and other relevant employment legislation
- Administer and manage reporting and record keeping supporting the staff Annual Performance Review (APR) process
- Providing advice, guidance, coaching and support to managers on employment relationship
- Conducting investigations when relevant in line with Grievance procedures.
- Supporting training delivery and ensuring enterprise-wide training programs are managed effectively and meet the needs of staff
- Develop and implement an Annual Performance Review process and provide support to Managers to ensure they are adequately trained to undertake reviews.
- Preparing monthly reporting for the Executive Management Team and the Board
- Participating as part of a team in the development and implementation of projects in relation to a variety of human resource issues, initiatives, and programs
As the successful candidate, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role and will have sound knowledge and understanding of the relevant HR legislation procedures. You’ll have the ability to build effective working relationships and experience developing or delivering training courses. You will have relevant qualifications in Human Resources or business and prior experience in the not-for-profit sector will be highly regarded.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a well reputed not-for-profit in this newly created role. Working in a collaborative and flexible environment, this role will give you the opportunity to work from home regularly. A competitive salary and salary packaging is on offer. This is a full time position, with flexible working arrangements available.
What you need to do now
All interested candidates will need to send an updated resume and cover letter to Fiona Arnott at firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] or call 08 8943 6014 for a confidential discussion
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508